Lead Business Designer
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your business experience working with cross-disciplinary design teams? We are looking for a passionate connector and problem solver that wants to lead and influence complex innovation projects with multiple stakeholders and comprehensive dependencies. Business design at EGGS applies creativity to the design of business itself. It creates the necessary structure to hunt for value in complex ecosystems.
We see the ongoing reframing of business strategies and management standards. The perfect storm has hit traditional management and strategy work. To stay afloat, and maybe even grow, companies now need to integrate the needs of people, leverage emerging technologies and creating emotionally appealing brand experiences, while ensuring sustainable returns on investment. As a Business designer, you will draw from the designer’s toolkit to make this change of approach possible.
You are looking for a chance to do this
- Lead design and innovation projects towards the client’s goals and objectives, owning the process of facilitating co-creation with them.
- Help clients shape a business case and design brief where they are unsure about what a new product or service should do.
- Help clients see the value of design and build business for EGGS through relationships, spotting innovation opportunities, and delivering value.
- This implies feeling a strong ownership to specific client relationships all the way down to planning and budgeting.
- Help our client’s key stakeholders gain support for their initiatives across their organization by articulating new value propositions.
- Work hands-on with our cross-disciplinary teams to:
- Transform our clients’ business
- Amplify the impact of our deliverables
- Ensure sustainable returns on investment are inherent in our offerings.
- Identify constraints so your team may design around and through them.
- Assess risk and measure the impact of both our proposed and implemented solutions.
- Lead and develop teams consisting of designers from multiple disciplines (service design, product design, digital design, creative technology)
- Work together with our Lead Designers and Directors – locally, regionally and globally
- Take part in internal planning and strategy meetings
- Help shape what business design is for EGGS and influence pro-actively by sharing your thoughts on strategic design and product-service experience externally and internally
We hope you have this
- A background from business, innovation, facilitation, design, …or surprise us! For this job, you’ll appreciate your blend of experience within business processes and your understanding of design as a tool for strategy and growth.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working directly with design teams from scoping through delivery.
- Experience in leading, defining and implementing innovation or business strategies.
- A good track record with a client-handling responsibility in a consulting environment.
- The ability to deliver engaging presentations that get our concepts’ value through to the client through great storytelling and clear argumentation.
- Able to use insight, analytics, creativity, and your dot-connecting abilities to identify markets, challenges, unmet needs, trends, connections, partnerships, and technologies that can be leveraged to create innovative new products, brands and services
- A creative problem-solver that is holistic and you have a flair for complex challenges
- A team player with an energetic mindset and a play-to-win attitude
- You speak English as well as one of the Scandinavian languages
We give you
Inspiring and meaningful projects
A multidisciplinary design-hub where you can create deliverables from start to end.
Business Design at EGGS
Business design at EGGS applies creativity to the design of business itself. It creates the necessary structure to hunt for value in complex ecosystems. It visualises the consequences of strategic alternatives. It leverages the craft of prototyping to validate the foundations of new value proposals. It turns metrics and KPIs into fuel for innovation.
Business Design is an emerging discipline globally as well as within EGGS. We approach it as a craft, and a business designer is equally comfortable in both envisioning the future and turning it into a reality. We wholeheartedly believe that the application of design tools to the design of companies and their surrounding ecosystems is a game-changer. We believe in human-centred processes where we seek an intimate understanding of both our clients and their end customers.
Please contact our recruitment partner Ingvild Karine Sandmo with Badenoch & Clark to learn more about this unique opportunity.
Phone: +47 916 26 877
How to Apply
Have a chat with our
Lead Business Designer & Managing Director EGGS Garage — Jørgen Solstad
+47 920 40 756